One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




22 April 2007

Earth Day Every Day!

I'd been at my new job at my church for only a couple weeks when one day I walked into the reception area where two of my coworkers were chatting. One of them looked up at me.

"Everything you wear is green or brown," she stated, matter-of-factly.

I looked down at myself. "Yes," I replied, just as matter-of-factly.

***

One of the pastors stopped me a couple days ago.

"Kari," he said, "What's the leaf?"

I looked down at the charm around my neck, a real leaf dipped in gold and hung on a leather strap.

"A gift from my husband," I answered.

"But what does it mean?" He asked.

"I've always been inspired to worship God by his creation. I kinda like leaves...I don't know if you've noticed all my clothes are green and brown..."

He smiled and nodded, then walked away.

***

WikiHow's step #10 to celebrating Earth Day: "Wear green and brown."

I guess every day's earth day in the Faherty house!

***

ps - yesterday was John Muir's birthday.

No comments: