One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




15 August 2009

Fully Manual

Before my husband took me to Italy last May (as if that weren't enough), he bought me a digital SLR (translation: fancy camera). I've been unstoppable with it ever since. I've always been an artistically-inclined archivist. How did I go 2 decades without ever being introduced to this art?!

Stephan told me the basics, and I started taking pictures on a semi-manual mode that gave me some control while still letting the camera do some things for me.

Well, today, 3 months later, Stephan gently offered that it was time to make the jump. "You should start shooting manual all the time," he said.

He's always right.

So we've transitioned. Here's one of my first shots on fully manual, one that came at the end of a long string of 'snap...look at picture...change setting...snap...' etc.


I immediately jumped on my brother-in-law's facebook (yeah, the professional photographer brother-in-law...that one) and announced my achievement...and said that he might now have a rival for our parents-in-law's wall space... though, not likely. He's kind of amazing. But I'm OK with that. He can be amazing - and I can watch him and try to get better, and have a blast while I do it!

1 comment:

Chris Bjuland said...

I am amazing. Thanks for noticing.