One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




22 August 2006

All Things

In the vein of a relevant conversation a friend of mine recently asked me if I was content with my current situation. It was an apt and timely question - definitely spirit-led.

"HA! No - definitely not content," I answered. I've been struggling with discontent for a couple weeks now. I'd always been good at complaining, but it had become a regular pastime. "So God," I'd ask, "when's it my turn for a family/to come home/to travel/to be free from financial restraints/etc?" It seems to me like everyone around me is getting all these things way before me and that some mysterious force is just withholding them from me - and since I don't believe in mysterious forces, but do believe in a good, wise, loving God, it must be him. Why's he doing that??

A woman in church last Sunday shared an impression she believed was from the Lord. It went right to my sinful little heart.

"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" --Romans 8:32


This woman felt that the Lord wanted to admonish those present who were focusing on the 'all things' - we'd decided what the 'all things' were and were upset with God for not making good on his promise. She felt the Lord wanted to remind us that he decides the what the all things are, and when they will be delievered, and that we were to focus on the giver and not the gifts.

Well, that was me. How kind of God to lay this word on this woman's heart to share. Since having such clear guidance, I've been praying that God would use this time of boundaries to break me of my greed and desire for earthly things, and help me to seek him instead.

No comments: