One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




27 February 2008

Acts 2:42-47


"And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved."


Februray 13th there was a crazy ice storm in Gaithersburg (Maryland's Manic-Depresive season begins...). All the cars were practically laminated. Earlier in the day one of the facilities guys came by my desk and told me things were getting bad. I stood up as soon as he told me, but he read my mind.

"You're wiper blades are already up," he said.

I thanked him and sat down, very grateful.

Later in the day, we get the email. "Due to deteriorating weather conditions, the office will close at 4." At 4, out we all trudge into the parking lot, ice skating to our cars, only to find them completely incased in ice. So we begin chizzling them out. When I was done with my own car I looked up and noticed that my wonderful coworkers, my brothers and sisters in Christ, had begun swarming one car at a time and were systematically working their way through each car in the parking lot. I joined in. In about 20 minutes, all the cars were ice free and ready to go.

Incidents like this always make me think of the passage in Acts 2, where Luke discribes the way the church functioned. This blitzing of the ice yesterday made me think of the line in the passage about the believers each giving to each other as there was need. There was a need to have ice scraped off cars - and the church met the need. That's how the church is supposed to work - and that's how my church does. Praise God!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: