One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




11 February 2008

'Enry 'Iggins...

...if you can believe it, I just saw My Fair Lady for the first time last Saturday. I was pretty appauled by the character of Henry Higgins - in a comedic sort of way, of course. Here was a guy who had impossible standards, insanely compressed time frames, and cryptic, unhelpful methods that were supposed to help Eliza reach his unattainable goals - and he administered all his 'help' without the slightest drop of sympathy or compassion.

In my sin, this was how I began to view God last night - just an old, discompassionate man with an unhelpful book of riddles that was supposed to help me attain an unattainable goal - obedience.

As I prayed, I screamed inwardly. I just want someone who will sympathize with my weakness!

(Now, be kind. We all forget important things sometimes.)
"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in very respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." -Hebrews 4:14-16

No comments: