One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




30 March 2008

Superpower?

Stephan and I were in our kitchen last week and he was sharing how he'd sinned earlier in the day. Then he recounted how he had seen his sin, repented of it, and turned from it. He was, however, still discouraged.

"Dude," I said, "it's approriate to grieve your sin and feel appropriately convicted, but doing what you did - turning from it - that's a superpower that's only available to the children of God. Rejoice that through Jesus, you can turn from your sin and seek God's glory."

...

Ever regret giving someone advice, because then you have to follow it yourself? Yeah...I was sinning up a storm this week, but tried to remember the superpower I discribed to my husband - the opportunity, through Jesus, to put off my sin and put on gospel-motivated righteousness. That's no small thing, man, no small thing.

No comments: