One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




01 May 2006

Limited

I'm feeling pretty good today. I got to bed early and slept in some this weekend, so I feel better than I normally do. I was talking to my husband about it, and made the comment "I may just have to be a napper - one of those people who takes a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day."

Then I thought how much I really wouldn't like that. That's 2 hours that could be spent on something else. But lately, if I don't get a couple hours sleep in the middle of the day, I'm useless from about noon onward. These days, if I don't take a nap when I get home from work, my evening isn't productive.

I didn't like the thought of being limited in that way.

But this is a good reminder. There are too many scriptures to list out the unlimited-ness of God and the limited-ness of man. But that's the case. Only God is infinite and has no needs or dependences.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." --Acts 17:24-25


Only God is unlimited and needs nothing. I however, am limited and have many needs. An unusually long amount of sleep may be one of them.

No comments: