One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




25 July 2006

Joel

I was recently introduced to the world of MySpace by on of my best friends in the whole wide world (I love you Tapa!!). Well, in that cyper labrinth one thing can lead to another and I found a MySpace for my old youth pastor Joel. Apparently alot's been going on in his life. I stumbled across a music page he's put up (he's a great musician).

Anyway, he's got some of his music up on his MySpace, and the one that was playing brought me so much joy. He wrote a song for his wife, Danielle, called "My brown-eyed black haired brown skinned girl." Kinda long, yeah, but when you know something about his family you just laugh with joy. See, Joel's about as white as people come. He's the "blue-eyed, brown-haired pale skinned dad" in the song. The woman discribed in the title is Danielle, his wife - her mother is white like Joel, but her dad is African American. You can see where her attributes come from. She's beautiful. Then there's their first child, Zack, he's a "brown eyed brown haired brown skinned boy" who looks alot like his mom. After him comes Melody, a "green-eyed brown-haired pale skinned girl". They're a beautiful family who love Jesus with all their souls. It's a rare and wonderful thing these days.

So where was I going with this? Oh right - the song. Go hear it.

No comments: