One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




23 January 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOSH!!!

Today is my little...."little" brother's birthday! So this is a tribute to him, because he's the best little..."little" brother in the world!

Oh dearest Yosh, the only scottish yo-yo in my life - I wish thee well, on this, the day of thy birth. May dryer-sheets abound for you, and may you always be safe from the Fantasia lava (but you're an adult now - do you have the special shoes? I never got a pair...). May Banjo! Banjo Banjo! be ever with thee. And always remember: Tissues won't suffice - "Find TOWELS!!" May your pets never shed (Meow...PUFFFF!!!!). May your hair never zod. Look out for Nit-raw gan ("a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas--" "Nitrogen, Scott!" "Aw rats...") Always remember that Lufia, Donkey Kong Country, The Prydain Chronicles (Black Cauldron books) and any stripe of Final Fantasy RULE. In closing I'll say: Glacial....EHHHH!

All inside jokes aside (I hope you get some laughs out of our memories), I want to encourage you with this scripture. It's a prayer by a prophet named Habakkuk. He saw some terrible trouble in his day (he discribes some of his circumstances in this passage), but his faith and trust were in God. I certainly don't have faith as strong as his, but I admire his faith, and want to share it with you.

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Habakkuk 3:17-19a

Ok, the finale!


I know what you're thinking..."Ew, pink..." What else could you expect from your sparkle-loving sister?

Alright, signing off! Happy Birthday dude!

Love, Sister Sassafras

No comments: