One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




27 November 2006

Another evidence...

...that my husband is the best in the world.

Last year he told me he was going to buy me a winter coat. I tried a Mountain Hardware jacket with a synthetic filler for a couple days. It fit perfectly, but it just didn't cut it. I was still ill then and really didn't handle the cold well. I was so sad to return it, because I loved the jacket. It was pink with a fun pattern embroidered on it, and it could be refersed to be a more subdued gray with pink boxes. Next I tried a Patagonia jacket filled with down that packed really small, but it was too short in the waist (I run into this all the time...). Next I broke down and bought the full-on, top o'the line Mountain Hardware jacket and it stuck. It served me well on all those below freezing mornings I was waiting for the bus.


And winter's come again - but I'm healthy this year, and I'm handling the cold alot better. So Stephan showed up the other night with a big bag in hand...


"Surprise! Happy Thanksgiving!" he cried as he produced the same pink Mountain Hardware I had to return last year! He remembered how much I loved it and got it for me again! I've worn it every day since!


No comments: