One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




13 December 2005

'Now'

Before another second of 'now' escapes me:

Baba and Omi: I love you guys and thank God that you're my parents. I know you've always done your best to act in my best interest. Thank you for teaching me to fear the Lord - you could have done me no greater service to equip me for adult live.

Yosh: I LOVE YOU MAN!! I'm sorry I don't purpose to call you more. I'm so proud of you for graduating and now working, and for desiring to know God's will for your life. You're the best bigger-little brother in the world! I thank God for you!

Reese: chill out.

Tom and Becky: I love you both - I couldn't have asked for better parents-in-law. I haven't had the nightmares of social stereotypes with you. Thank you for your wonderful son, the best husband in the world. I thank God for you.

Chris and Liz: You guys are awesome siblings-in-law. I thoroughly enjoyed our outing the night before Thanksgiving...well, everything but the surprise shrimp-stock. Thanks for planning so diligently. Your company is always hilarious and enjoyable. Hopefully we'll make it to Japan as a foursome one day soon. I thank God for both of you.

Molly: NO!

and most importantly, Stephan:

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." --Ephesians 5:25-33

This has been your creed since day one. Thank you. Under my salvation, you are the most precious gift I've been given. Thank you for being so patient and loving as I've grown in respecting you. I thank God for you every day.

As for my friends, I'll send out emails. You are many and I am blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks!