One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




02 February 2006

The Book

The Book is starting to get a reputation. Granted The Book has only been in existence for about a week, but it's already taken over. The Book definitely runs the show.

So what's The Book? Well, simply put, it's accountability in a three-ring binder. My husband has always been my spiritual watch dog. He gently brings my sin to my attention when he sees it. The problem is I don't always listen.

For a time I was idolizing my home - I wanted it to be perfectly clean and efficient. I ran myself ragged trying to keep this unattainable standard. I grew discontent, bewailing to my husband that if I could just quit working and be a full time wife, I'd wouldn't be a burn-out waiting to happen. Boy, was that a lie... Stephan had been suggesting I pray about how I viewed my home for weeks. But I ignored him. And shame on me - because he was right. I had made a spotless home priority over everything else in my life. My husband was feeling neglected - he felt he'd lost his best friend. My relationships with my friends and family were suffering. I wasn't serving in the Church. I wasn't even taking care of myself. These were big problems.

So I sat down and invented The Book. In it I keep not only my calendar and my homekeeping to-do lists, but also different papers to hold myself accountable to have my quiet time each day, maintain my relationship with others, think daily of how I can bless my husband and others in my life, give priority to the things Stephan has asked me to, daily work toward long term goals, remember special occasions, and even relax a little each week. My life was overhauled thanks to my husband and mostly to my gracious God.

So - I'm asking for accountability. Ask me how The Book is working out. I've already seen much fruit from it and I want to keep up this diligence!

No comments: