One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




17 February 2006

Could it be?...

Ug, is anyone else feeling like they could lay their mug down on the nearest flat surface and clock out? I'm so tired today...But I was still up early and having my quiet time before setting out to work. One victory one for this Friday...

I've got a long night ahead of me. I'm meeting up with a friend and cooking! Can't wait. But before that I've got 2 more items on my to-do list that need be done before the weekend. One is folding the laundry. No problem, just need a pocket of time. The second thing is wash the plastic bags...

Yes, I'm one of those - those ecofreaks. I buy recycled toilet paper and paper towels. I use cloth napkins. I'm about 2 meals a month away from being vegetarian. I walk anywhere I can and take public transportation to work. I wear Birkenstock sandals all year (yes, all year). I don't wear makeup. My most exciting christmas present was the half-zip fleece made from recycled plastic soda bottles. I give the 3 bucks to "saving the bay" when I file my taxes. I have reusable grocery bags. I pick up trash along the road. I recycle. And I wash out my disposable plastic bags.

...No, I really do! I'm not kidding! But it's been about 2 weeks since I completed the daunting task, and the bags are piling up - about 45 of them. Maybe more. I hope to get them washed out and drying before I leave to meet my friend.

However, I'd sure like to be free of this burden. ...I know what you're thinking: "so just throw them away!" Well, I would, except it does save some money, and I've kinda got a soft spot for all things green. I just can't bring myself to do it. It's 15 minutes out of my week (less if I keep up with the darn things!)

I found a cool blog today by a vegan cook up in Washington State. She makes really cute lunches for her son everyday and posts them on her blog. It's called The Vegan Lunchbox - I'm not vegan, nor do I advocate veganism - or even vegetarianism - but there are alot of just cute ideas for fun kid lunches. Like look at this:


Autumn twigs and leaves!

While browsing this web site, I think I found the solution to my bag problem. See all the little containers in the lunch box? It's a tupperware-like set called Laptop Lunches - and I really want one. Definitely bringing this one up to the man I love most in the cosmos tonight!

No comments: