One gal's record of trying to pay much closer attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

(...with a sprinkling of accounts from her outrageously blessed life with THE best husband in the world!)




02 March 2006

Sin.

I was reminded today of the fact that whenever I see atrocities committed in the world, whenever I'm shocked at the malice and hatred poured out by others, whenever I'm furious over the pure spite of humans - I need to remember that apart from grace, that so easily could be my sin.

I shouldn't react in judgement or even anger toward those who commit grievous sins, because it's nothing of myself stopping me from doing the exact same things - it's the grace of God. To think that I have a better moral fortitude than they is folly. I just have the Gospel. My reaction should be heartbreak, not judgment.

Next time I'm offended or hurt or wronged, I hope I can remember "Apart from grace, that could have been my sin."

No comments: